GENERATION WAKING UP is a global campaign to ignite a generation of young people to bring forth a thriving, just, sustainable world.
We strive to:
- Awaken in young people a clear sense of who we are as a generation, an understanding of the urgent global challenges and opportunities we face, and a calling to take action.
- Empower young people with the training, mentoring, and support needed to thrive as global citizens, leaders, and change agents in the 21st century.
- Mobilize young people locally and globally across issues, geography, and all lines of difference, unleashing the collaborative power of our generation.
Generation Waking Up includes 3 programs:
- Wake Up – an interactive, multimedia workshop about the challenges & opportunities of our time, and inspires participants to take meaningful action toward a thriving, just, sustainable world.
- Thrive Hubs – campus & community organising model, as well as comprehensive leadership curriculum, to empower diverse young people and youth organisations
- Synergise – cross-movement events and online collaboration networks, and connect young people and youth initiatives across issues to create large-scale change.
View Website: www.genup.net
Whether it be social entrepreneurship ventures, community service projects, or hard-hitting advocacy campaigns, the WakeUp has inspired collaborative action by young people around the globe.
Since its launch in 2010, young people have brought the WakeUp to at least 12 countries including the United States, China, Mexico, India, Kenya, the UK, Egypt, Germany,Brazil, Romania and Australia. Thousands have experienced it and over 150 young people are now trained as WakeUp Facilitators.
The Wake Up – A Powerful Tool for Inspired Action
Through music, powerful videos, dynamic group processes, and active conversations, participants explore the critical questions facing society today:
- Who Are We as a generation coming of age in these times?
- Where Are We as a global society around key challenges of environmental sustainability, social justice, and human thriving?
- What Has To Change in the way we see ourselves, each other, and our world, if we want to create a world that works for all?
- What Do We Do Now, given all this? What is our unique role in creating a better world, as individuals and as a generation?
In 2-4 hours, participants find a new sense of identity and purpose, as members of a generation and a movement that can transform our world.
How you can connect to the movement in Australia
- Join our mail list: Stay connected to what’s happening in Generation Waking Up.
- Attend a WakeUp: Want to see what’s happening in our world, and how you can make the difference you are really here to make? Or are you already taking action, but needing to re-charge and reconnect to the bigger picture?
Attend a WakeUp > If none are listed why don’t you…
- Host a WakeUp: Want to ignite or re-ignite inspired action in your community, school, or organisation? Contact your local Contact or the program coordinator to find out more.
- Facilitate a WakeUp: Want to spread the story of what’s happening in our world and what we can do about it? Or, are you already spreading the story and looking for a powerful new tool in your toolbox?
- Need any other information? Please contact us.