Be The Change Administrator 2017
Be The Change is a dynamic and flexible not-for-profit organisation which supports the projects of its members and is aligned around our common purpose of bringing forth a future that is environmentally sustainable, spiritually fulfilling and socially just.
It is our desire that this role is an integral part of the everyday working of Be The Change, and as such we would wish the Administrator to feel and be part of our team.
Be The Change is an equal opportunity employer which places great importance on the principles of sustainability, justice, compassion and co-operative partnership.
The Administrator will be responsible for maintaining the administration of Be The Change in Australia. The position is accountable to the Finance and Administration Sub-committee of Be The Change’s Guardianship Council (Board).
The position will be up to 4 hours per week at $30 per hour and requires a valid Australian Business Number.
The Administrator is responsible for maintaining administrative tasks of the organisation, including but not limited to:
- Bookkeeping Tasks
- Donor Administration
- Public Fund Administration
- Merchandise, Memberships and Insurance
- Bank Account Management
- Administrative Event Support
- Social Media and Online Event Support
Proven experience of strong administrative support, preferably for non-profit organisations / charities. Strong financial management skills and a solid understanding of the financial reporting requirements of DGR/tax deductible status. Proactive and self-managing, with a passion for the purpose of the Symposium and an interest in the vision and purpose of Be The Change.
Other requirements include proficient organisational skills, an attention to detail and integrity. Good team and communication skills are also essential, as liaison with state contacts, community members and committees are key functions of this role.
Essential selection criteria
- Experience of working with not for profit organisations
- Highly organised
- Experience in financial management and reporting
- Good communication skills
- Good at working with a team
- Social media experience
- Ability to take leadership as required (eg with state bodies and obtaining financial reports)
Desirable selection criteria
- Alignment with the vision and purpose of Be The Change
- Knowledge of financial reporting requirements for Deductible Gift Recipient status
- Knowledge of bookkeeping programs such as MYOB, Quickbooks, or Quicken
- Sense of humour and compassion
Expressions of Interest:
For more detailed information about position responsibilities and to arrange an interview please write to [email protected]
Closing Date: Monday 11th of September